Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Writing

I've recently felt I should start writing something every day. So here I go. These will mostly just be ramblings, so sorry for the rough-ness of them.

Recently I've been thinking a lot about priorities, and how my priorities shift over time. And how much those shifting priorities change my day-to-day life. There are times when my priorities seem clear, and it seems fairly straight-forward keeping on task. And then there are days where everything seems so pressing, almost crushing, and I feel like I'm drowning in things that need to be done. This past year I've felt like that a lot.

So I've been trying to figure out what is really necessary in my life, what is really important. There are so many nice and good things that I want to do, that sometimes it's hard for me to admit that something may not be what I need to be doing most right now. And there are other things that sometimes feel like they could be dispensable, but for one reason or another I feel like I need to make them more of a priority in my life.

Like writing. I don't really even know why I need to be writing, but as I've pondered my priorities I've just felt like I should be writing daily. So here I go.

I am going to end with this quote I got from my mom that I am really loving recently:

The moment one commits oneself, then Providence moves, too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way. . .
German philosopher Johan von Goethe

No comments: