Monday, June 21, 2010

Art & Copy

We just watched this documentary, and I loved it. It was so inspiring to me, I just felt like there's no reason we can't change the world. That we can't do something big, and great. There's a part where someone says something about a few good people working together is all it takes, and I thought of the amazing people I know, and I just kept thinking "we can do this!"

Now to figure out what "this" is.

I need a new attitude about hard things, like not looking at them as a dreadful thing to survive, but as.. I can't think of an analogy I really like, but maybe like a gate to greener pastures, or a pathway to a new adventure. Anyways, I think hard things are part of life regardless, but I need to learn to use them to my advantage and not fight them.

Grant is leaving town for NYC for work 2 days tomorrow, and then he comes back and goes straight to scout camp for 3 days, so I'm on my own with the boys this week. I'm hoping to get the sewing/computer room really organized as a surprise for him while he's gone, but I'll really have to work hard whenever the boys are down to get it done. Organizing yarn and fabric with little ones in the same room is somewhat counter-productive, it's just too tempting for them not to help :). So hopefully I can keep on task. Maybe I should just not turn on the computer in that room while he's gone, the main reason I first get on it during the days usually is to IM him or see if he's in a meeting or what not. Yes, I think that's a good idea. I'll turn off Papa G for Grant's trip, and I'll write on Kristine, which I usually do anyways.

Well, I'd best get to bed.

No comments: