Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Home Alone

I never liked that movie. The whole movie just makes me cringe.

Anyways, Grant is in NYC tonight for work, so I'm home alone. I guess growing up in the middle of 7 kids didn't give me a lot of chance to get used to being alone. In any case, I don't like it. I'm not even alone, the boys are here, but I just miss having Grant around, he makes me feel so much safer for some reason.

I had knitting here tonight to distract me from the fact I am alone, but now everyone is gone. *sigh*

Recently I've been thinking (I feel like I use that phrase every single day...) about growing up, and feeling more comfortable in my skin. I remember being a teenager, and just worrying about... Everything. My clothes, my hair, the size of my feet, my teeth, my makeup, exactly how righteous I needed to be to go to heaven when I died, just everything.

I still worry about things, but I feel like in general, I am just so much more comfortable with just being a person. Maybe you just have to grow into existence. Maybe it's a bad thing to be comfortable? Maybe you are more driven when you are uncomfortable?

But it's kind of nice.

No comments: