Monday, June 14, 2010

Just Do it - Thank you Nike.

Today has been a little hectic - menu planning, grocery shopping, feeding kids, dropping them off, signing papers on the car loan, rushing Grant to work for a call, picking up the kids... Now we are home and everyone crashed. Except me. I'm wanting to crash but am trying to resist.

But this will be short because I have lots that needs to happen still before this day is through.

My thought for the day is - Why not do it now?

That is what I keep saying to myself as I go throughout the day. This goes back to procrastination, but as I do things instead of leaving something to do later (wiping the table off after breakfast for example) I'm trying to think "This will have to be done at some point, and it will probably never be amazingly convenient, so why not do it now and enjoy a clean table all morning instead of doing it right before lunch?"

As for hard things, I am not good at remembering the hard things I did the day before, which is probably proof-positive that I am not doing hard enough things. Dang it. But the hard things I did today are:
1. A complete exercise video. I tend to start them (even that very rarely) and then quit half way through when it seems not fun anymore.
2. I didn't want to do menus or grocery shopping today, but I just made myself do it, and then I even went to 2 different stores so I could buy the things that cost less at each of them to save money.

That's all I guess.

No comments: