Friday, June 4, 2010

Procrastination

I had a whole post written on Procrastination, mostly because it started with P and I had a P thing going, but it was really boring. And it can all be summed up in 2 sentences:
Grants family is super awesome, and have taught me a lot about not procrastinating.
I want to be more like them, so I'm going to try and procrastinate less.

Now that that is said, I'm going to write about something that is kind of weighing on my mind right now:

Buying cars.

Grant wants to buy a car today and I am scared silly. Spending money in general is stressful for me, even just grocery shopping stresses me out because of how much it costs. So car shopping... Is not fun. Our last car purchase happened rather quickly. Our Subaru Forester (which I loved by the way) started doing really weird things, we took it into the repair shop, and they said it would be $5500 to fix it. We had been putting about $1000 into the car every 6 months for a while, so we decided not to fix it and move on.

And then the car died literally as we pulled into a Ford Dealership. Let me just say, a lot of reasoning and bargaining power went out the window.

Anyways, when it comes to car buying I have this constant battle in my head -
voice a "You should buy an older, expensive car, they last forever"
voice b"No way! You'll be dumping money into an old car all the time. Buy a cheap newer car. Newer cars have less problems"
And it goes back and forth and back and forth. Cheaper, newer car or more expensive older car.

And it never ends. As soon as I've decided on one thing the advantages of the other start an unordered list (with bullet points as opposed to numbers, because that would make things too organized) in my head.

So I'm stressed about buying a car. And I don't have any answers about car buying. And that's really all I have to say. Just that I don't know and I'm stressed. And I wish I did know.

But here's a really good quote I read this morning:
To live greatly we must develop the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness and triumph with humility
-Thomas S. Monson

So off I go to face car buying with courage.

No comments: