Thursday, June 17, 2010

If at first you don't succeed...

Last night I was watching Jefferson try a game, and every time he struggled with an answer I would yell the right answer in from the other room. And then I realized I do that all the time. And how that probably isn't good for Jefferson. So that's a goal - let Jefferson and Duncan figure things out and do things on their own more. My mantra for the day - things don't have to be perfect all the time, and honest mistakes are okay. The last thing we need around here are more perfectionists, so I ought to do what I can not to breed it into them ;).

And hard things. I forgot to write anything yesterday, but sadly I didn't do anything really impressive. I This morning in the shower I decided I need to try a little bit harder at doing hard things, and decided I've been eating too much junk food recently anyways, so I decided no more sugar until 4th of July. Which is only like 2 weeks away. So nothing huge, but at least it will keep me from eating all Jeff's popcicles for a couple weeks.

Tomorrow we are going to Atlantic City for a day, I've never been there, so I'm excited to go see what its like.

No comments: