Friday, June 11, 2010

Stewardship

I have been thinking about stewardships today, and trying to clarify what mine are. First I'm trying to give names to the general categories my responsibilities fall under. Here's what I've come up with so far:

At home:
As Grant's Wife

The Boys Mother

As keeper of the house/creator of the kind of space I want my family to live in

Daughter/Sister/Daughter-in-law/Sister-in-law

At church:
As a visiting teacher

Activities Committee

And I think you have some kind of stewardship just as a member of society/humanity.

What else???

I also was thinking this morning about how having things I'm responsible is a beautiful thing. The privilege it is to be capable of being a steward over something. And also that I am responsible to God for my stewardships. And that he will help and bless me as I work on improving my stewardhips.

That's all I've been thinking so far.

As for yesterdays post and hard things, I still haven't thought of a way to motivate myself/track what I'm doing that I love, but here are some hard things I did yesterday.
- I didn't eat that big, soft sugar cookie. Harder than it sounds.
- I didn't take a nap during the boys nap time and instead worked on things around the house.
- I swear I was doing other things during the day that I thought were hard, but I can't think of them right now.

That doesn't sound very impressive, but I guess it's a start.

Signing off for the weekend,
~Anna

No comments: