Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hard things

But not hard like rocks.

Last night I was thinking about doing hard things, and I think for a while I might try and use this blog to chronicle my attempts to do more hard things in my life. I haven't clearly decided a format yet. I'm thinking maybe I'll try and write 3 hard things I did in the last day? I'm not sure. They will not often be big or grand things, just simple things that seemed hard, but I did them anyways.

I'm hoping that over time as I work on doing small hard things here and there I'll get better at it, and I'll get better at choosing the hard thing vs the easy thing more often. And my hope is I'll be a better person because of it.

I've been thinking about my physical body today, and the connection between our spiritual selves and our physical selves. And today I'm thinking that connection is a lot more important than sometimes I tend to think it is. That improvement in either part of me is an improvement of the whole.

I don't have anything profound to say yet, my thoughts on the issue are still pretty unformed but I've just been thinking about it, and I'm trying to figure it out.

So I'm off to try and do something hard, perhaps for now it will just be not taking a nap while my boys are napping and trying to finish formatting moms book.

Signing off,
~Anna

No comments: