Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sometimes you don't realize the importance of things...

Just in case you thought all I ever do it knit pants... Sometimes on unusually nice days I take my boys out for a picnic. Yesterday was just such a day, and we were outside, tool box in hand, eating our lunch.


Duncan got his first taste of grass


And Jefferson was collecting and sorting acorns


Some of the acorns had worms in them, and every time I saw one with a worm I would throw it off the blanket. One time Jeff was looking at one of the worms, and I treated it as I had it's relatives and tossed it into the grass. Jeff immediately jumped up and began scanning the grass frantically, asking me where it was. I said I didn't know he wanted it, and it was gone, and he began to wail "That was my only pet!! I just wanted my gross worm!! Why did you throw my only pet!!"


I hope he's not traumatized for life that his mom would so carelessly dispose of his first and only pet.

No comments: