Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A nice revelation

I realized something just now. The vast majority of blogs don't really get read all that much. It first it was kind of a sad thought, and then it was very freeing. I have this blog sitting here that I never post on because I feel like I have to have something magical to say, or cool to post, and I just realized, I can post whatever I want and no one really cares.

So I am going to post a sad story that I know no one in the world cares about, and that's really alright, but it will make me feel better to write about it.

I knit this beautiful little pair of pants


I know, beautiful, right? And I'd worked rather hard on them, dyeing the yarn myself and all that jazz.

The sad part happened when I tried to lanolize them, which is in theory supposed to be very easy, and make them water resistant so they can be worn over cloth diapers as a cover.

I decided since I was lanolizing might as well kill a few birds with 1 stone and lanolize everything I had together, so I put them in the lanolin bath with these bad boys:


I know, rather hideous, but just stay with me.

So in they go, to soak in the nice baby-shampoo-lanolin bath I had lovingly prepared for them.

But when they came out, my beautiful green pants had orange spots all over them. It was really traumatizing. I can't even bring myself to post a picture of how ugly they are now. But I still make Duncan wear them, because of how much I liked them before I ruined them.

So that's my sad story for the day, along with this warning:
Don't lanolize your beautiful wool pants with your ugly ones.

That is all.

No comments: