Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Look UP!



I am constantly amazed at how when I ask something of my scripture study time I consistently get answers. I guess that part that really amazes me is how long it takes me to turn to the scriptures when I have experienced this phenomenon so many times.

As posted yesterday, I've been feeling rather overwhelmed, and to be honest, feeling a little sorry for myself. When my alarm went off this morning I seriously considered just going back to sleep, but Grant got right up, which inspired me to get up as well, so I did get my pre-awake-boys scripture study in, and it was so very renewing.

The past couple years I've been trying something new with my scripture study time, I'm working my way through the index of the Book of Mormon/Doctrine & Covenants and reading through the verses in each topic alphabetically. It has really been interesting, but very slow work, I am still in the C's. Today's topics were Cover & Covet.

Didn't sound to promising going in, but then right off the bat I read this scripture:
Abr. 2:16 - Therefore eternity was our covering, and our rock, and our salvation.

And it just reminded me that He that is eternal, and never changing, and always there, is MY covering, and MY rock, and MY salvation. That HE has a plan for my life, and can even help me with a plan for my day. That I'm dealing with the eternities here, not just Christmas parties and presents, and if those things are causing me to feel overwhelmed and unhappy, my focus is not in the right places.

And then all the covet scriptures reminded how TRULY blessed I am, and how I've been focusing on what I think I "deserve", instead of the great abundance that I do have.

So I still have a lot I need to do today, and have not yet cleaned the bathroom, (but I'm going to do that right now!), but I am feeling much more peaceful and happy today, and am so grateful for the balancing influence of the scriptures in my life.

1 comment:

Marie said...

It is always such a load off when I remember to take time to prayfully think about my day. It usually doesn't take time in that perspective to prioritize what I am already considering doing and throw things out, if needed. Then other times I have a whole new plan that I feel inspired to do instead of what I was considering. I love it. Good reminder! Thanks, Anna.