Monday, May 21, 2012

Birthdays

Today Jefferson turned 6 and Duncan turned 3. It's so surreal to me that I've really been a mom for 6 years, and that I've only been a mom for 6 years. I can't imagine life without little people depending on me.

Something I want to remember about Jefferson - He LOVES creating. Whether creating elaborate art projects out of cardboard, tape and velcro or helping me cook in the kitchen he LOVES the process of making something out of something else. The other day we were riding in the car with a little boy in Duncan's preschool, Grayson, and Grayson was talking about one of his toys breaking, and Jefferson said "It's okay if a toy breaks, because you can make anything you want out of paper, so you can just make a new one". Every day he comes home from school with at least one craft project in his backpack, I wish I could figure out what to do with them all!

Something about Duncan - He is finally starting to really talk, but only on his terms. It is so fun to hear him talk more, but he still will just sit silently if he doesn't feel like talking and not respond to questions. Everything he does he does with his own little attitude and flair, he is such a big personality, and a lot of fun to hang out with. He loves Diego and Dora the Explorer, and will play in his room quite a while making up adventures and taking his stuffed animals along as his companions. He will build bridges and stairs out of books, then I'll hear him say "First we have to climb the stairs, then cross the sticky bridge, then we'll get to stone mountain!", just like Dora does.

Both boys are really excellent big brothers to Karl, I've been so happy with how sweet and kind they are with him.

Happy birthday to my 2 big boys!

No comments: