Thursday, April 19, 2012

Prepare a Way

I feel like all I write recently is about being tired... I guess I'm a little preoccupied with sleep (or lack thereof, ha) as of late.

But, once again.... This week Karl had had a couple especially rough nights in a row, and I was feeling pretty down about it. I was reading my scriptures and I read 1 Nephi 3:7 "I will go and do the things that the Lord hath commanded for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way...". As I read it I thought, I could replace "commandment" with "child" in that sentence - The Lord doesn't give any child to me that I can't handle. He loves me, and he loves these little people he's sending to me, and he will prepare a way for me as a parent.

I felt assured that while it's not always a walk in the park, it is a walk I don't have to take alone, and he is ready and willing to help me. And if I keep my trust in him and keep moving forward, he will prepare a way for me to make it, to keep going on. No matter how tired I feel, he is with me, willing to help me do the things I need to do to raise these little boys.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I know you aren't asking for compliments, here, but you are a hero and that's why your boys do and will always love you so much! You are such a good mama.