Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Other People's Words

Two things I've read recently that I've been thinking about - 
 
1. Someone had this quote on Facebook last week:

"Mile by mile, life's a trial.  Yard by yard, life is hard.  Inch by inch, life's a cinch"

For some reason the "Inch by inch, life's a cinch" got stuck in my head. Karl's been having some pretty rough nights recently, which has been leaving me feeling drained and discouraged often. So I've been trying to focus on the "inches" right in front of me, asking myself "What is the small thing I need to do right now?", and just not think about the rest. I think it's been helping me use my time better and not to get discouraged about all the things I'm not getting done right now.

2. Also from Facebook (I'm afraid I spend a lot of time perusing Facebook on my phone while nursing....), someone posted this article:
http://powerofmoms.com/2012/04/your-children-want-you/

I particularly liked the line "...at the end of the day, our children don’t want a discouraged, stressed-out mom who is wishing she were someone else."

I think it's so easy to see where I'm falling short as a mom/wife/person sometimes, but I liked the thought that instead of focusing on that and feeling discouraged about it, I need to remember that my kids love me for me, and not for what I get done.

So there you go, even Facebook can be good sometimes, ha ha.

1 comment:

Spencer and Julia said...

I just read that article a few minutes ago and the same thought stuck out to me. You are amazing and you do so much more than you realize. I hope it gets better fast!