Monday, August 15, 2011

Social Animals and Sensitivity

I've been reading the book "How to Teach Your Child Sensitivity" by Linda and Richard Eyre, as well as The Social Animal by David Books. They are both books I highly recommend, and they have led me to the goal of working on one mental skill (I don't know if that's the phrase I want, but I can't think of a better one at the moment...) a week. I'm roughly following the schedule laid out in the Eyre book, but adapting it a bit.

This week we are working on looking at people in the eyes when we're speaking to them or being spoken too. We talked about this at dinner yesterday, and started then, and I admit it's been a bit harder then I thought it would be. Already I've realized how often I'm distracted when I'm talking to my family.

So here's to change!

No comments: