Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This is me writing something

I keep sitting down to write on here, and I type out a couple of sentences, and then everything I've written just seems to be... dumb, and so I delete it all determined to come back later in the day when I have better ideas. And as you can see by how long it's been since I've posted anything... I haven't actually been doing that.

So my idea is if I post SOMETHING, anything really, perhaps it will help pull me out of my writing rut. Here's to nothin'.

Yesterday I was cleaning Jefferson's room with him, and it was a pretty big disaster when we started. We cleaned for about 20 minutes, and got it looking fine, and I was ready to call it a day. As I looked around the room, I thought "Grant would finish the job, he wouldn't leave it like this." So I found homes for the little odds and ends that don't seem to fit quite anywhere, lined up the toys that live around the edge of the room, and vacuumed the floor. And the room went from fine to great in 5 minutes.

I think I tend to call it good at "fine" too often, when a little bit more effort would make it "great". So that's my mantra for the day. Make it great.

No comments: