Saturday, September 25, 2010

Preparation = No Fear

Recently I've been worrying about things a lot. With my new fall schedule, where I'm teaching 4 days a week, I just get anxious about being ready for my classes and students, and having food to feed my family when I'm done with said teaching. This morning as I was reading my scriptures I read the verse "When you are prepared you shall not fear". Which made me think I obviously lack some preparation in my life.

I feel like I talk about this all the time, but I still struggle figuring it out. How do I prioritize the many things that clamor to fill up my days? How do I stop wasting time? I feel like there are so many things that I NEED to be doing, but I don't get them all done, so how do I choose which ones are more needed? How do I stop doing things I feel like need to be done today to prepare for things tomorrow so I feel less stress?

One problem I face daily is I have such a hard time motivating myself when I am tired, which I usually am for at least an hour or two a day. Waking up early is great as far as getting a few things done before the boys wake up, but I'm really dragging through my late morning/early afternoon a lot of days. Maybe if I were eating more healthfully I would feel better?

I guess I should also be trying to be more open to the spirit as I plan my days. I believe God really does care that we are using our time wisely, and he'll help us to do that. I just need to be better at thinking about that.

Thoughts?

No comments: