Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekday Vegetarian

Our internet is down, it has been for 2 days. This happens on a fairly regular basis, so we decided to try a different internet provider. But for now we have no internet, so I'm writing this offline, then I'll move it online when I can connect to the internet again.

Dee just woke up so this is going to be very brief. For the last month we have been trying "weekday veg", which Grant saw a video about on TED

http://www.ted.com/talks/graham_hill_weekday_vegetarian.html

So far, so good, although I do have a hard time coming up with recipes that feel filling enough for Grant that I can also send as leftovers the next day. I decided I should keep track on here of what I am making and what we like/don't like. I've lost the first 2 weeks of meals, but here's what I've cooked for the last 3 weeks, and short notes on it:

Week 1
Mon - Baked Potatoes & Oven Roasted Broccoli - Grant didn't really touch the broccoli, and didn't seem overly enthused about baked potatoes as a main course in general
Tue - Tofu Tamale Pie - This is a vegetarian version of a meal Grant really likes. He said don't remind him of the meat version and he'll probably like it even more. I really liked it, and the leftovers the next day were yummy
Wed - Tomato Avocado Sandwiches & Oven Fries - Easy and generally liked. Maybe I'd get a bagel for Grant's sandwich so it's more filling.
Thu - Falafel on corn tortillas with hummus - Always goes over well here
Fri - Went to a friends for dinner

Week 2
Mon - Homemade Pizza - Not too much to say, everyone likes pizza, right?
Tue - Can't remember what we had this day, it's not written down…
Wed - Vegetarian Cincinnati Chili - Everyone liked this, but Grant says don't call it Cincinnati Chili and he'll like it more (see a theme here?)
Thu - Black Bean Quesadillas & Watermelon - Good
Fri - Oven Fried Fish & Baked Potatoes - I tried Swai Fillets, and I don't know if it was how I prepared them, but they were very fish-y tasting, and no one wanted seconds

Week 3 - (updated with notes on the meals)
Mon - Lentil Tacos - always a good basic veg meal
Tue - Peppery Fusilli & Rolls - Grant said "this is a good spaghetti variation". I was like "Spaghetti?!?! this is nothing like Spaghetti". He just shrugged. So yeah, pasta = spaghetti here.
Wed - Spinach Quiche, sweet potato oven fries - this was good, but I did the quiche crustless, and Grant said he would like it better with a crust
Thu - Black & White Checkered Chili, Corn chips & cheese - very yummy. Grant liked it a lot.
Fri - Papusas w/refried beans, corn, lettuce & tomatoes - Never ended up making this, I think we made pizza instead.

No comments: