Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Here we go again...

And again. And again.

Today I've been thinking about all the things that I do over and over and over again. It seems like life is chock full of stuff I do (or should do) in endless repetition.

First thing I thought of was food. I feed my boys 5+ times a day, and the amount of my day that goes into preparing, feeding, and cleaning up after the feeding is... Substantial. And it's not like I'm making gourmet meals here. And speaking of cleaning up after meals, just cleaning in general feels endless.

I'm not trying to sound depressing or begrudging, I was just thinking about it, and kind of wondering why. Why is our life set up in a way that we just do the same things over and over again? Why can't we just do something one or two times, and have learned it? And crocodiles only need to eat like once a week or less, that sounds nice sometimes.

Anyways, I guess I need to learn something from repetition. And I'm trying to figure out what. The only thought I've had so far is the sheer number of things always needing to be done keeps me from getting too complacent. Even if I spent all morning yesterday cleaning my bathroom and getting it spotless, 1 or 2 trips-to-the-bathroom-by-a-4-year-old-boy later it's destined to need to be cleaned again. I'm still thinking about it. Maybe I'll come up with something brilliant later today. After I clean the kitchen one more time.

No comments: