Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Run in with the law

Not really, but I do mentions both running and laws in this post.

I have had some serious inability-to-write-anything-itis.

So this is me, just writing SOMETHING to hopefully start writing again.

I've been dreaming of learning to run recently. I have never been a fit person, and I do want to be. I read blogs of runners, and feel so inspired, but also overwhelmed. Running seems like it should be so simple, no? So why does it feel so... Impossible to me? I don't know. But I'm determined to figure it out. I even bought one of these S2H watches hoping maybe it would inspire me? Silly, I know, but I'm desperate.

Another thing I've been thinking about recently are spiritual laws. How we tend to pay quite a bit of attention to physical laws, like gravity, but not so much to the laws that we have the option of following. Like Justice is referred to as a law in the scriptures. The day I was first thinking of this I read this quote by Boyd K. Packer:
"There are both moral and physical laws 'irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world' that can not be changed"

And also this scripture, in D&C 88:34 -
That which is governed by law is also preserved by law, and perfected and sanctified by the same

Anyways, I don't really have an end for that thought, it has just been interesting to think about for some reason.

2 comments:

ash said...

Hey, we should run a 5k together. It is great motivation to run and I am sure your awesome watch will come in handy. Here's to running!

p.s. love the clever title

AnnaM said...

I'd love to run a 5k with you. Do you have a website you like to find upcoming running events on? That would be great motivation for me to start being more consistent in my efforts at running