Monday, January 3, 2011

Should Old Aquaintence Be Forgot....

Another New Year! Amazing.

And although it seems to be going out of style to set goals on New Years, I guess I am old fashioned, and will continue the tradition, as ill-fated as it may be.

I think the hardest part of making goals on New Years for me is narrowing down my options. I can think of about 1,542 areas in which improvement is sorely needed, but I think if I set even just 500 new years goals I would probably get overwhelmed, so I decided to try and narrow the it down to 2 areas I would like to focus on improvement.

So I've decided on Consistency and Forgiveness.

I tend to go in fits and spurts with so many things, and I was to just be more steady, more reliable.

Also forgiveness. I have a horrible habit of holding onto things, the tiniest of things, and making mountains out of molehills, especially with Grant, which is so lame. I guess I take some sort of odd pleasure in the feeling of being "right", like "Well, he did ____________, and he shouldn't of done that, so I'll show him by not talking to him for an hour". Which typed out sounds so childish and lame, and it is. And I'm determined to change and be better. Most of the "insults" are not even intentional on his part I'm sure.

So there you have it. I'm off to have a cup of hot chocolate. Because I need to be more consistent in my hot chocolate drinking I think.

No comments: