Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Menus and Change

Menus for this week:
Monday: Enchiladas, Crockpot Refried Beans
Tuesday: 2 Cheese Veggie Pasta
Wednesday: Tomato Avocado Sandwiches & Oven Fries
Thursday: Vegetarian Black Bean Chili via Martha Stewart
Friday: - Falafel & Hummus
Saturday: - Broccoli Quiche
Sunday - Szuchan Beef

And the second item of business on our agenda today is - Change.

Being the New Year and all I've been hearing/thinking quite a bit about change. I've been thinking about how there are very few decisions in our life that we just make 1 time. For example, if I decide I want to start exercising on a regular basis, I have to make that "resolution" if you will, but then I have to make that choice again, and again, each morning when my alarm goes off. Do I REALLY want to roll out of bed this early? Wouldn't 45 minutes of sleep be nicer?

While G was off for Christmas Break we spent a lot of time re-organizing and cleaning the house. When he went back to work it really looked quite spectacular. And of course I want to keep it that clean and nice all the time, so I am trying to train myself to keep making that choice every day. It's just SO many little choices. Putting the coats away vs. hanging them over the couch. Cleaning up lunch right away instead of after nap time (which usually turns into clearing off the table so I can set the table for dinner...)

Anyways, I've just been trying to figure out ways to make those smaller, continual choices that follow a big choice easier. Just being aware of them has helped. I am doing a little better at keeping the house clean (granted, it's been less than 2 weeks, so this is not a victory speech, but progress is being made). But I think there's something more to it that will help. I'm going to keep thinking about it... I'll report back when I have my Eureka moment.

No comments: